Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Shine Brightly for Mid-Autumn Festival

Shine Brightly for Mid-Autumn Festival
I am continuing my Mid-Autumn Festival cards and here are the addition to my pile. :P

Tuesday Morning Sketches #367
For this card, I am adopting Tuesday Morning Sketches #367 as shown above. I am making two (2) cards out of one sketch again as I find it more fulfilling since I have pulled out my supplies and not to mention that I have extra stocks while saving some times. I decided to rotate the sketch to clockwise so that I can hang my lanterns as in the sketch. For the second card, I just alternate the lanterns arrangement and its coloring.

Close-up: Shine Brightly for Mid-Autumn Festival #1
The lanterns are stamped repeatedly and alternately as in sketch on a white card stock. Then, the lanterns are colored using Copic markers.

Close-up: Shine Brightly for Mid-Autumn Festival #2
The background is distressed using blending inks to mimic a night sky. Before the background is distressed with blending inks, matching masking are put on top of each of the lanterns. Then, a circular yellow blotch is applied onto each of the lanterns to mimic the shine rays from the lanterns. The scene is then attached onto a green card base.

Close-up: Sentiment
The sentiment is stamped onto a strip that mimic the night sky and trimmed uneven angle on right end. It is attached onto the card bottom using foam tape.

Close-up: Shimmering lanterns
As final touch, some shimmers are added to each of the lanterns and its outer rims to mimic the shine rays.

Dimension : 3.25" x 6"
Type : Horizontal fold
Inlay : None

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Tuesday Morning Sketches #367 (ends by 05 September 2016)

Supplies used:
Copic markers used: B04, B28, BG01, BG45, BV02, G07, R83, RV14, V06, Y13, Y18, YG13, YR15, YR16 and YR32

4 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Fantastic card! The lanterns are wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a fun card!! The turned sketch is perfect with your lanterns!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

So funny, before I read Melissa's comment I was going to write what a fantastic idea for this sketch Message Keeper!! I thought about changing my word but fantastic it is!!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous!
Just love everything about this!
Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT