Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Chalkboard with Stencil Friends Like You Are Far and Few

Chalkboard with Stencil Friends Like You Are Far and Few
My colleague from Thailand is coming to Kuala Lumpur this Saturday for a vacation trip. However, I am regret that I do not have opportunity to meet her in person as my own personal schedule is crashing with her. I must say it is so sweet of her and other colleagues that I work with that they wanted to bring me some Thailand's snacks through her. Thus, I want to prepare some small gifts and cards to return the favor. I will pass them to another department colleague who will be meeting her instead.

I need to make a total of four (4) cards and this is my first. I made mini cards as it will be inserted into a favor organza bag.

For the first card, it is for a male colleague. I decided to use chalkboard technique and pair with stencil masking with distress ink.


Close-up: Chalkboard sentiment
A panel is die cut and the sentiment is stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. It is attached onto the top of a green card base before further smear with white pigment ink to make it more like a chalkboard.


Close-up: The masked design from stencil
Then, on a piece of white card stock, the stencil is layout and masked using distress inks. It is then trimmed according size and attached onto the bottom of green card base.

Finally, a star is die cut from a silver metallic card stock and attach onto the card in between the card stock using foam tape. Four (4) white pearls are also added to the four (4) corners of the frame to make it more decorative.

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by:

Supplies used:

No comments: