Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Blackboard Teacher's Day Cards

Blackboard Teacher's Day Cards
I been working for few days on my son's kindergarten Teacher's Day cards as it is weekdays and I need to work. Thus, I only managed an hour or so at night to make the cards while being constantly distracted by my son. But today, I finally finish the cards.

Blackboard Teacher's Day Cards with You're the Best Principal! and You're the Best Helper! sentiment
I decided to make a blackboard cards which uses the chalkboard technique as well the new matching dies that I purchase earlier. First, I trim some black card stocks that will be used for the chalkboard technique. Then, the sentiment is stamped which mainly on 'You're the Best Teacher' while one or two cards in different sentiment to cater for the principal and a helper. Later, the sentiment and the hearts are embossed using white embossing powder. I must says that my chalkboard technique is not at mastery level as some of the sentiments and hearts are not fully covered in embossing powder. I admit the result is not as desire as I hope it would be but I like it as it really reflect the reality of a blackboard art - the perfect imperfection. :)

Blackboard Teacher's Day Cards with Hey, Teacher! You Rule! sentiment
Once that chalkboard technique part is done, I move on to stamp the board and the accessories - duster, chalk, ruler and apple on a white card stock and colored them using Copic markers. Once coloring is done, they are die cut using the matching dies.

Blackboard Teacher's Day Cards with You're the Best Teacher sentiment
When everything is ready, it is time to assemble the blackboard. Once the blackboard is assemble onto the board, I smear some white ink on the blackboard to give it a more realistic look. My son even helped on one or two cards! 

The whole blackboard is later attached onto a green card base using dimensional tape and finished by adding the accessories onto the blackboard.

Mini bags and name labels
These are the bags I used to insert these cards into together with the gift. The labels are just great to make both as decoration as well as whose this bag is entitled for. I made the same for both my daughter's Teacher's Day gifts and well as Administrative Professionals Day gifts but I did not photography them.

Supplies used:

No comments: