Sunday, May 10, 2015

You Rule!

You Rule!
Continuing on my kids' Teacher's Day cards and I managed another 'one sketch two cards' idea! Phew~

Sketch Saturday Week #360
This time, I play with Sketch Saturday Week #360 as shown above in which I rotated the sketch clockwise and counter clockwise. I am inspired by Less is More - Week 223 - One Layer Week - Water which link me to play with Lawnscaping Challenge 105 - Watercolors again due to the clue word, water. :P

Close-up: Embossed Rulers
First, the rulers are stamped on the top and bottom of two (2) watercolor cards base and the sentiment is stamped above and below the rulers as in sketch. Then, the images are heat emboss using with white embossing powder.

Close-up: Embossed sentiment
Three distress inks are applied onto the watercolor cards base and spray with water to create the watercolor effect.

It is that simple and I managed another two (2) gorgeous cards using one sketch! I hope I can continue this 'one sketch two cards' idea so that I can finish the cards I need to make for my kids' teachers.

Dimension : 11.43cm x 8.89cm or 4.5" x 3.5"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : No

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Sketch Saturday Week #360 (ends by 23 May 2015)
2) Lawnscaping Challenge 105 - Watercolors (ends by 13 May 2015)

Stamps and tools used:





7 comments:

Samantha Casey said...

WOW very pretty card! I love the background you made! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A colourful and clever take on our challenge although we do like to see some 'white' space on our cards.
Thanks for sharing however.
Sarah
Less is More

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous backgrounds!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Kathy S said...

Super cute interpretation of the Sketch Saturday Layout this week. Love the watercolor and I'm sure the teachers will love that you took the time to appreciate them.

Debra Miller said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Deb

Audrey said...

Such beautiful, bright backgrounds!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Neets B said...

Fabulous effect and I love the colours. As Sarah mentioned, at LIM we prefer to see some blank space.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD