Friday, April 26, 2013

You're Sweet!

You're Sweet!
Finally got my chance to make the card for my partner for the Malaysia Cardmakers Card Swap which is ending on 30 April 2013. Actually I am not very inspired by the themes which delayed my card making.


Sketch Saturday Week #255
But, when I saw the sketch at Sketch Saturday Week #255 (as shown above), it just struck to me that this sketch made a nice shaker card using Fresh Squeezed Stamps Christmas Treats' apothecary jar which I had the idea earlier

Another reason I want to use the apothecary jar is that my partner is a sweet person (judging from her profile photo in Facebook). The card swap themes are Mother's Day, green and stamping and we are required to use only any two (2) themes. I decided to abandon Mother's Day theme as I believe my partner is not yet a mother and decided to go with my own sweet theme instead.


Close-up : Own made 'pinwheel' sweet pattern paper
I kind of made my own pattern paper as I do not have any pattern paper related to sweet. I randomly stamp the 'pinwheel' sweet in green and orange color onto a yellow card stock. It is not perfect as some of the 'pinwheel' sweet ink smudged but I like how it look.


Close-up : Custom sentiment
Well, I do not own Lawn Fawn Here's the Scoop yet. Thus, I need to custom my own sentiment. Once everything is in place, the yellow card stock is attached onto a green card stock after the corners has been rounded.


Close-up : Fish tail ribbon
A fish tailed multicolored grosgrain ribbon is attached on to the yellow card stock as shown in the sketch.


Close-up : Shaker apothecary jar in standing position
The shaker apothecary jar is the hardest part. At first I thought it is quite easy to do but theory and imagination is sometimes very different from making it real! I have to practice on a number of card stock which gone wasted but it all worth it when I finally got it right and know how to do it!


Close-up : Shaker apothecary jar in laying flat position
The shaker apothecary jar is attached onto the card as shown in the sketch. I wish I put more the beads into the shaker as some of the beads been sticking to the side like permanently! Anyhow, it did turned out to be just like I wanted it to be!

Dimension : 10.16cm x 15.24cm or 4" x 6"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please fill up the custom order form here. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :
1) Sketch Saturday Week #255 (end on 26 April 2013)
3) Malaysia Cardmakers Card Swap - I choose green and stamping (end on 30 April 2013)

Stamps and tools used :

No comments: