Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Tools and Supplies!

My husband has been advising me to get a pair of good scissors for my details cutting as the one I am using is a pair of small normal scissors I got from stationary shop. He says that he finds me a bit difficult to cut some times using this small scissors. What a caring husband!

Well, I took his advise and surf around the online store for options. I been hearing people says that Tim Holtz Tonic Non-Stick Scissors very good and can cut almost anything. Then, I come across Making Memories Precision Scissors which is much cheaper compare to  Tim Holtz Tonic Non-Stick Scissors. Since I am not sure which to take, I decided to ask for experts opinion. I wrote to Chari Moss, Cathy Fong and Kelly Marie Alvarez for their opinions and recommendation as they are quite good in paper piecing or details cutting.


From left to right


Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black marker
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Three (3) of them are recommending me to take EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors. I heard about and seen this scissors before but not in details. Thus, I did a deeper review on this scissors and most people who purchased and been using this scissors really recommend it. They says that this  EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors are very sharp even to the fine tip of the blade and best for details cutting. They also says that the blade is very sharp and precision even after few years of usage and have a soft and comfort grip. After all the review and recommendation, I decided to invest a pair of  EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors. I added this  EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors to my cart at Custom Crops online store but did not purchase right away as I am waiting for sale period. Furthermore, it is a bit expensive for shipping and handling charges with only one item.


Top : Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Bottom : 
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black marker
Few days after that, I tried  Chari Moss' stamp on stamp mirror stamping whereby she stamps the mirror image she wants onto the back of another stamp (please refer the video here for more explanation). But I could not get the results as shown in the video even after few tries. Thus, I write to  Chari explaining to her what I did and what supplies I used as I do not get the same result as shown on her video. I am a bit frustrated as both the mirror image blur and I have stain on the another stamp! I share my suspected reason which is the ink that I use, Hero Arts black dye ink as she is using Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black. She replied me that she have the same feeling on the ink I use since that is the only different she noted in my e-mail explanation. 

Well, that give me an option to purchase both the Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and marker. I also purchase Lawn Fawn latest Summer release stamp set, "Happy Summer". I just loves the ant trail which I think would make a very nice border!

I made my payment to Custom Crops on 13 June 2012 and the shipping was done a bit late this time. I received the shipping notification three (3) days after my payment. After ten (10) days of patient waiting, finally the parcel arrived to my house. I happily open my parcel and check my items. However, one of my order item is missing! It is the Lawn Fawn Happy Summer stamp set!

EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
with cover protector on
My husband asks me to write to Custom Crops quickly to acknowledge the missing item which I did. I inform Custom Crops that all the items in the order are received in good condition except Lawn Fawn Happy Summer which is missing. I explain that there is no indication that the parcel been opened before when I received it as it is been sealed well with tape on the envelope opening which I suppose done by Custom Crops as safety measurement. I inform Custom Crops that I suspected that their staffs miss to pack this stamp into the parcel when packaging my order. I am glad that I received reply from Custom Crops later that night. Amy Buckbee from Custom Crops apologize on the missing item and gave me two (2) solutions which is either to refund or to re-ship the item to me. I choose to re-ship the stamp as I really like Lawn Fawn Happy Summer. Well, thing like that do happens and luckily Custom Crops is good enough to re-ship the missing item to me.


EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
with cover protector off
Back to the items that I received especially the  EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors, I am a bit overwhelm that I finally own one pair. I start studying and feeling it. Well, it is really very comfortable grip and looks very sharp as described by the other users. However, one thing disappoint me is that it has 'China' engraved on the other side of the blade. It cannot be seen when covered with the cover protector and it is engraved behind the scissor (not the same blade you see the 'EK Success' logo). This scissors are made in China but why it cost me so much? Then, I remember that I encounter the same thing when bought Stampin' Up Rounded Tab punch which I posted here. Even the words 'Cutter Bee' on the cover protector is a stick on sticker.

October Afternoon Very Merry: Bake the Cookies - Front
Like previous order, Custom Crops included a quarter part sample paper for me. This time is the same October Afternoon Very Merry: Bake the Cookies that I got from my previous order. The difference this time is that I get the left lower part of the quarter with the theme printed as well as partial brand name. Not bad that I have half of the 12x12 October Afternoon Very Merry: Bake the Cookies pattern paper on my stash!
October Afternoon Very Merry: Bake the Cookies - Back

EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
with cover protector on; another angle
Hopefully with this new tools,  EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors, I am able to have a nicer trimming for my details cutting. While I can have successful stamp on stamp mirror stamping with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and marker. I really would like to master Chari's stamp on stamp mirror stamping as I am able to create more reverse images for wedding wishes!

No comments: