Thursday, June 28, 2012

My First My Favorite Things (MFT) Stamps and Dies!

My daughter's godmother who is also my childhood best friend is going to graduate as Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) soon. I know is been hard during her Master studies either on the studies or personal life. Thus, I really would like to make her a graduation card to cheer her up. Furthermore, my daughter is very proud that her godmother is 'partial doctor' (explaining to her what is APN is hard, so her godmother herself tells her that she is a doctor now).

Left : Die-namics First Class Friend die only
Due to that, I been looking for stamp that have doctor image as I have the idea of the doctor wearing graduation hat (meaning she has graduation as APN). Earlier, I eyed on MFT Pure Innocence Best Medicine when my best friend was still a nurse but never purchase it due to budget constraints during that time. Thus, this time, I try to look in MFT Boutique if there is any doctor image. Well, there is which is MFT Pure Innocence Girl Doctor! As I need the stamp in early July 2012, I do not think purchasing back then in mid June 2012 will get the stamp arrived at my doorstep by end of June 2012. Not to mention I have to make a card using it and post it to my best friend in Singapore! Thus, I gave up purchasing it.

I turned to Heaney to ask if she knows where I can free digital image of doctor image since she likes to collect free digital images. She informs that she do not have any female doctor images but informs that I can get some female graduation images from few digital shops.

MFT Pure Innocence Girl Doctor
Well, I guess that the  MFT Pure Innocence Girl Doctor stamp is longing for me to own her. I am not sure if I am just lucky or coincident as two (2) days afterwards, I received MFT newsletter that there will be a summer sale at MFT Boutique with 20% discount on all MFT products for three (3) days only! With the summer sale discount, I do not have opportunity to say not to buy  MFT Pure Innocence Girl Doctor anymore! Furthermore, there are not many online stores sell MFT products. Even there are, the price is either same with MFT Boutique or just few cents cheaper.

Die-namics First Class Friend die only
As the International shipping charges for both stamps and Die-namics is flat at USD$10, I browse the boutique for another item so that it worth a bit paying for the flat shipping charges. I decided to have a Die-namics since I selected a stamp set. I choose to have Die-namics First Class Friend die only after a careful review and consideration and budget review.

I made my payment on the 17 July 2012, a day before the summer sale ends. As it is a sale period, I guess it is pretty busy at MFT because I receive the processing notification two (2) days after payment made. A day later, the shipping notification was sent to me. Eight (8) days afterwards, my first MFT stamp and Die-namics are in my hands.

There is still time for me to make the graduation card for my best friend! I hope I have time this weekend to make the card.

No comments: