Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Heartfelt Sympathy

Heartfelt Sympathy - Front
My mood to make card seem kicking in very strong these few days. Well, it must be hidden inside me for so long that it want to release now. Thus, I made another card today.

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - Mojo Monday 239
This card layout is inspirational from Mojo Monday 239 sketch/challenge as shown above. I decided to make a square card which is easier for me.

I had an idea to make a sympathy card when I saw Charisma Cardz Challenges - Challenge #16 that themed blue, black and white. These colors are perfect to make a sympathy card. Furthermore, this is my second attempt to make a sympathy card and hope it turn out well.


Close-up : Embossed image and sentiment
I want to try a new technique as well as 'grand opening' for my embossing heat tool which I bought early this year. I stamp both the background image and sentiment onto the black cardstock using VersaMark ink. It is a little slow of me when I sprinkle the white embossing powder onto the ink as some of the ink started to dry. Thus, some areas are lacking embossing powder. When I heat it, the 'magic' appear by giving the image and sentiment some bold look. I punch some design below the sentiment and layer a blue cardstock behind the punched design to make it a bit outstanding.


Close-up : Ribbon and bow
A light blue corrugated strip is trimmed according to card base measurement. A transparent white ribbon with gold lining is used to make the bow around the corrugated strip. It took me a while to tie the bow as I seldom tie bow for card. I never thought it would be hard but turn out well! :P Then, the corrugated strip together with the ribbon is attached onto the card base. The stamped and decorated black cardstock is attached onto the corrugated strip as the sketch.


Heartfelt Sympathy - Inside
As the dark blue card base make it difficult to write message, a light blue paper is layered inside the card. In the middle of the card, lines of sentiments are stamped with some decorative images.

Dimension : 13.97cm x 13.97cm or 5.5" x 5.5"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : Yes with stamped sentiment and image
Code : SY#001
Price : RM5.90 (excluded shipping fees) 

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please e-mail us at msgkeeper@gmail.com for order. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

2 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Everything in simplicity ! I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Gem said...

lovely creation! Thanks for joining in at Charisma this week! Gemma :)