Monday, February 20, 2012

A Pair of Prince and Princess Stamps!

I stumbled upon Creative Play Stamp online store by accident on 20 January 2012 even its link has been in my bookmark for a while. I am looking for Hero Arts CL392 Magical Castle when I realized that I wondered off to Creative Play Stamp.

From left : Hero Arts CL392 Magical Castle
Darice Heart Background Embossing Folder
Perhaps it is their offering price that captured me. Their Hero Arts 4x6 clear stamps are selling about 10% off their published rate of USD$14.99. Well, if you know me, 10% off means a lot for me as after currency conversion, it saved me a bunch on my account. The great thing is that I got extra USD$5 off coupon of any order above USD$25 when I subscribed to their newsletter! That is another saving!


From left : Versamark watermark stamp pad
Tsukineko Embossing Powder - White
Since I need to spend at least USD$25 to entitle for the USD$5 discount, I been searching for the items I want. Finally, after made up my list, I proceed to check-out to make my payment. Then, I come across the mention of shipping method as "International Mail - Group 6". I e-mailed them to clarify if that is First-Class International Mail or Priority Mail International. They replied me on the same day that the shipping fees charged in my order are meant for First Class International Mail. The administrator explains that packages under 4 pounds will ship using First Class International Mail and packages over four (4) pounds will ship using Priority Mail International.

Close-up : Versamark watermark stamp pad
Well, I prefer to ship using Priority Mail International as it is my first time purchasing more than USD25 from oversea and also to ensure the safety of my parcel. He explains that charges for Priority Mail International would cost more and give me the details which really shocked me.I replied to him if he can consider using Priority Mail International Flat Rate such as the small box but he explains that the items I bought might not fit into the box. In the end, I have no choice but to follow their standard shipping method using First Class International Mail. I did not place and make payment after the e-mail exchange as it is close to the weekend and I do not wish my parcel to overnight in postal office which have a higher risks of losing it.


Tsukineko Embossing Powder - White
I only manage to place my orders and make the payment on 07 February 2012 as the previous week, I am busy with Chinese New Year celebration. It is luckily that I did not place my order earlier as I been bidding some item from Simon Says Stamp eBay store which I blog it at this post. Previously, I was thinking to buy from Simon Says Stamp store directly whereby they offer a flat rate shipping for orders below USD$60. I dumped a lot of items into the cart but then I realized that they are having some fabulous auction in their Simon Says Stamp eBay store. Thus, I cancelled my purchase at Simon Says Stamp and make by changes of order in Creative Play Stamp instead.

Darice Heart Background Embossing Folder
I did not receive any e-mail from Creative Play Stamp after the confirmation order e-mail as if my parcel has been shipped. Thus, after few days, I log in to my account at Creative Play Stamp to check if there is any update. Well, indeed there is update in my account at Creative Play Stamp. The status is shipped with tracking number on the next day which relief me.

However, after about a week plus after the shipment, my parcel from Creative Play Stamp is yet to arrive. It worry me more when my parcel from Simon Says Stamp eBay store arrived which I made payment on the same day and ship on the following day. My husband cools my panic down by saying that the location of the shop perhaps is near to suburb which delayed the parcel arrival. Well, I just take his word for it while checking on the parcel tracking number. But the tracking stopped when it leaves USA.


Parcel not envelope!
My worry finally gone when my husband called me today at noon to inform that my parcel has arrived. He says that it is a parcel not envelope whereby the postman have to carry it to my house to deliver it. Here is how the parcel looks like.


Hero Arts CL392 Magical Castle
Another of my wishlist fulfilled as I have a pair of prince and princess stamps. The prince stamps I refer to is the Hero Arts CL412 Prince Charming which I bought it last December 2011. Now, I have both the prince and princess and they are perfect to make some baby announcement cards, baby congratulation cards as well as wedding wishes cards! Other than that, finally I can have a 'grand opening' for my embossing heat tool that I bought in early January 2012 as I have my Versamark watermark stamp pad as well as embossing powder. Not to mention that finally I have another embossing folder design to play with! I cannot wait to use my 'newbies'!

No comments: